Towards Sustainable Agri-Food Systems: Balancing between Markets and Society
This triennial event will gather academics, scholars, practitioners, stakeholders and policy makers in the Food Valley to dissect the latest and most pressing issues characterising Agriculture and the Food Industry, from a local to an international perspective, dedicating significant attention also to novel and emerging concerns for society
This year Ayming will participate as golden sponsor in the XV edition of EAAE Congress “Towards Sustainable Agri-Food Systems: Balancing between Markets and Society” which will take place in Parma from August 29th to September 1st 2017.
The event, which will return to Italy after twelve years, brings back together Food Valley experts, academics, policy makers and companies.
The aim of the conference is to discuss current and future scenarios that characterized the Agricolture and Food Industries, which need to be more sustainable in social, environmental and economic/financial terms.
During this international event, Ayming will take part in Pre-Congress Symposium by organizing a round table called “Collaborative projects and knowledge sharing for a circular, sustainable and bio-based European economy”.
The round table will take place on Tuesday 29th August 2017, at 9.30 am, at the University of Parma’s Campus and will gather as participants:
- Prof. Antonio Zuorro - Università La Sapienza - Italy
- Joana Vide - R&D Senior Consultant Ayming Spain
- Michel Moulinet - Head of Marketing Ayming France
- Konstantinos Skarvelakis - Innovation Business Development Director Ayming France
- Giuseppe Mele - Manager in Finance & Innovation Performance Ayming Italy
We will discuss the challenges that industries and universities have to face in order to preserve and reinforce collaboration and cooperation along the value chain. Moreover, we will discuss how to move to more circular economic models and exploit the potential of the bio-based industrial sector.
These models, based on circular economy, represent for the World Economy, the possibility of a brighter future, allowing, in this way, to overcome the current and future challenges of global pressure on resources and the rise of insecurity on supply.
Orienting the economic growth by decoupling it from the massive use of scarce resources and its impacts, offers the prospect of sustainable, economic and social growth that will last over time.
Ayming is going to propose solutions and methods to deal with such challenges, describing its know-how, with a specific focus on:
- Case Histories from our clients
- European collaborative projects, in particular the wide experience in the BBI Industry Joint Undertaking
- The important role of knowledge sharing through the collaboration with Universities, in particular the experience in exploiting the potential of the circular economy and bio-based industry from University “La Sapienza”.
To subscribe to the event you can click on the following link.